About Dr. Thomas Granetzny
Thomas specializes in company pension schemes, compliance issues and individual and collective labor law matters, particularly in connection with complex and cross-border M&A transactions and restructurings. Another area of expertise is employee data protection.
Thomas has advised on various employment and pension law matters, including the transfer and outsourcing of employment and pension obligations. In addition, he frequently represents clients in labor and pension law disputes in court proceedings, including before the Federal Labor Court in Germany. Currently, he is also advising clients on combating the COVID-19 crisis. In connection with his work for US clients, he also regularly works from our New York office.
Thomas Granetzny is a lecturer for employment law at the University of Bonn. In addition, he regularly publishes in legal journals on a wide range of employment law issues, including the law on company pensions.
Thomas speaks German and English.
- HOCHTIEF and Bayer on their respective group-wide CTA including the transfer of plan assets to commercial CTA providers;
- Hewlett-Packard on the conversion of its “pledged based-CTA” (Pfandrechtsmodell) to a “two-fold trust arrangement” (Doppeltreuhandmodell) and on the extraction and transfer of pension assets to a new CTA in connection with a demerger;
- a large German automobile club on the modification of its CTA securing old-age part time liabilities;
- Ströer SE on the establishment of a CTA;
- a cross border pension fund with respect to the establishment of its German compartment;
- on numerous pensions issues in mergers & acquisitions, such as the transfer of pension liabilities and plan assets, inter alia in cross-border transactions, as well as reorganization of pension schemes in connection of transactions; and
- in court proceedings dealing with various contentious pension matters.
- University of Bonn, Germany (law; doctor of law - Dr iur)
- Research assistant at the University of Bonn, Germany (Institut für Arbeitsrecht, Prof. Dr. Gregor Thüsing)