About Aaron Green
Aaron is a Principal Associate in our Antitrust, Competition and Trade practice, based in Brussels. His practice covers all areas of EU, UK and international competition law, with particular expertise in complex merger control proceedings, cross-border antitrust investigations and emerging regulation of digital markets.
He has extensive experience of EU, UK and global merger filings, having advised clients on several complex Phase I and Phase II merger control filings requiring remedies to the European Commission and other international competition authorities. Aaron also regularly advises on cross-border investigations into anti-competitive agreements and abuse of dominance, global antitrust compliance and best practice, and on competition and regulatory issues in litigation and arbitration proceedings. He regularly advises clients on the impact of emerging digital regulatory regimes such as the EU’s Digital Markets Act.
Aaron specialises in advising industrials clients in transition and digital markets clients, and regularly advises across a broad range of other sectors and industries, including in particular for aviation and logistics clients and for clients in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
He speaks English and French.
Aaron’s experience includes advising:
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings on the EU merger control aspects of its proposed acquisition of Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, which was subject to an in-depth Phase II review by the European Commission.
- Saint-Gobain on the global merger control strategy for its $2.3bn all cash acquisition of GCP Applied Technologies, including the unconditional Phase I merger control clearances in Europe and the UK.
- AstraZeneca on the EU and UK merger control aspects of its $39bn acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Maersk Line on the merger control clearances of its acquisition of Hamburg Süd in over 20 jurisdictions including the EU, China and South Korea.
- Maersk on the unconditional merger control clearances of its acquisition of Senator International.
- Holcim on the merger control aspects of its $43bn merger of equals with Lafarge, and the subsequent divestment of businesses in 15 countries.
- CK Hutchison on the €21.8bn combination of its Italian mobile business with Wind Italy to create the largest mobile operator in Italy, including the negotiation of a complex remedy package.
- The administrators of Monarch Airlines on the EU and UK aviation regulation aspects of their successful sale of Monarch’s airport slots, including before the UK Civil Aviation Authority and in proceedings in the High Court of England & Wales, which were successfully overturned in the landmark judgment of the Court of Appeal.
- The administrator of Flybe on the antitrust and airline regulation aspects of the administration, including before the Civil Aviation Authority.
- On the European Commission’s antitrust investigation into cross-border access to pay-TV.
- On all aspects of the EU Digital Markets Act.
- Avocat, Barreau de Bruxelles
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, Ireland
- Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law, King's College London
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School London
- Master I en Droit Europeen, Universite de Rennes I
- LLB with Honours in European Law (Maitrise), University of Exeter