About Aaron Green
Aaron is a principal associate in our antitrust, competition and trade group. His practice covers all areas of EU and international competition law, from merger control to cross-border investigations into anti-competitive behaviour.
He has extensive experience of EU and global merger filings and has advised clients on several complex Phase I and Phase II merger control filings requiring remedies to the European Commission and other international competition authorities. Aaron also regularly advises on cross-border investigations into anti-competitive agreements and abuse of dominance, global antitrust compliance and best practice, and on competition and regulatory issues in litigation and arbitration proceedings. He also regularly advises clients on EU and domestic aviation regulation.
Aaron has advised clients across a broad range of sectors, including maritime and air transportation, consumer electronics, heavy industries, telecommunications and media.
He speaks English and French.
- Advising Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Ltd. on the in-depth EU merger control review of its $1.7bn acquisition of Daewoo Shipbuilding Marine and Engineering.
- Advising AstraZeneca on the EU and UK merger control aspects of its $39bn acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Advising Holcim on the merger control aspects of its $43bn merger of equals with Lafarge, and the subsequent divestment of businesses in 15 countries.
- Advising Maersk Line on the merger control clearances of its acquisition of Hamburg Süd in over 20 jurisdictions including the EU, China and South Korea.
- Advising CK Hutchison on the €21.8bn combination of its Italian mobile business with Wind Italy to create the largest mobile operator in Italy, including the negotiation of a complex remedy package.
- Advising the administrators of Monarch Airlines on the EU and UK aviation regulation aspects of their successful sale of Monarch’s airport slots, including before the UK Civil Aviation Authority and in proceedings in the High Court of England & Wales, which were successfully overturned in the landmark judgment of the Court of Appeal.
- Acting on the European Commission’s antitrust investigation into cross-border access to pay-TV.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, Ireland
- Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law, King's College London: 2015
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School London: 2012
- Master I en Droit Europeen, Universite de Rennes I: 2011
- LLB with Honours in European Law (Maitrise), University of Exeter: 2007-2011