About Tony Gregory
Tony is a senior associate in our IP and technology group. He advises on a wide range of IP and data issues, including IP and data-driven transactions, standalone IP licensing and commercial agreements, data breaches, digital transformation projects, and the data privacy aspects of new technologies. He has a particular focus on the technology, consumer, and retail sectors.
He has been seconded to clients in the consumer electronics and financial services sectors.
- Advising ZPG on its acquisition of Confused.com and European insurance-focused comparison platforms from the Admiral group.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its sale of Borsa Italiana to Euronext.
- Advising AB InBev on its sale of Carlton & United Breweries to the Asahi group, its £78.4bn merger with SABMiller – for which the Freshfields IP team won Managing IP’s Firm of the Year 2017 (IP Transactional – Europe) – and the related sales of the Peroni, Grolsch and Meantime businesses to the Asahi group.
- Advising CPPIB on its investment for a 30 per cent. stake in BGL group, the operator of comparethemarket.com and LesFurets.com.
- Advising General Atlantic on the acquisition of a stake of approximately 21 per cent. stake in Gymshark, the fitness and apparel brand.
- Advising JAB on its acquisition of PAM Group Limited, the owner of Pret a Manger, from Bridgepoint, PAM Group Limited’s majority owner, and other minority shareholders.
- Advising Qatar Holding LLC on its sale of Harrods Bank Limited to, and its investment in, Tandem Money Limited, a digital challenger bank.
- Advising Marriott on the global (ex-US) response to the Starwood data incident.
- Advising Coty on its strategic long term exclusive licence of the Burberry brand for fragrances and make-up, winner of 'Deal of the Year' at the Luxury Law Summit 2017.
- University of Oxford, UK (Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course)
- University of Oxford, UK (BA in Law (Jurisprudence), first class)
- Solicitor, England and Wales