About Dr. Alexander Grimm
Alexander is a Principal Associate in Freshfields' International Arbitration Group specialising in commercial and investment arbitration. He advises and represents clients from various sectors in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings, both domestic and international.
Alexander speaks German, English, and French.
- Studied law at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (First State Exam) and Université Paris-Est Créteil
- Institute for Economic Law of Martin Luther University (LL.M.oec.)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M., Lawrence A. Wien Corporate Responsibility Fellowship; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main with stages at the Permanent Court of Arbitration (The Hague) and an arbitration boutique law firm in Munich
- PhD (Dr.iur.) from University of Bonn (conflict of laws; international litigation; international arbitration)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Attorney at Law, New York (USA)