About Dr. Julia Haas
Julia advises domestic and international investors, real estate developers, financial institutions and public-sector clients on all aspects of real estate transactions, project development and real estate finance.
While working in our Frankfurt, London and Hamburg offices and being seconded to a top-tier Swedish law firm in Stockholm, Julia has led and acted on numerous complex and high profile cross border real estate transactions.
She has a focus on the hotel and leisure sector and a particular interest in the Nordic countries and markets.
Julia speaks German, English and Swedish.
- Advising Icade Healthcare Europe on the acquisition of eight German nursing home properties from Orpéa.
- Advising Union Investment on the acquisition of a European logistics portfolio worth 800m euros from GARBE Industrial.
- Advising RFR and Signa, in a 50/50 joint venture, on the acquisition of a German-Dutch real estate portfolio from Allianz Real Estate.
- Advising B&B Hotels on the acquisition of an operating company for nine hotels in Germany from Covivio.
- Advising Orion Capital on the sale of the Allee-Center shopping centre in Berlin and on the acquisition of the Lilien-Carré shopping centre in Wiesbaden out of insolvency.
- Advising Procom Invest on the acquisition of the Commerzbank property ('Nikolai-Insel') in Hamburg, one of the largest inner-city development projects.
- Advising TPG Real Estate Partners on the takeover of Berlin-based hotel and hostel group A&O, one of the largest independent hostel providers in Europe with 31 facilities in 19 cities.
- Advising Värde Partners Europe on the acquisition and financing of a Germany-wide portfolio of 37 commercial and residential properties.
- Universities of Hannover, Germany, and Stockholm, Sweden (legal studies, including a master's degree in European legal practice - magister legum europae)
- Harvard Law School, USA (Visiting researcher)
- Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany (doctor of laws - Dr iur)
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht) in Hamburg, including stages at the German Federal Ministry of Justice in Berlin and at the German Federal Constitutional Court in Karlsruhe
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany