About Dr. Julia Haas
Julia advises domestic and international investors, real estate developers, financial institutions and public-sector clients on all aspects of real estate transactions, project development, real estate finance and large commercial leases.
While working in our Frankfurt, London and Hamburg offices and being seconded to a top-tier Swedish law firm in Stockholm, Julia has led and acted on numerous complex and high profile cross border real estate transactions.
She has a focus on the hotel and leisure sector and a particular interest in the Nordic countries and markets.
Julia speaks German, English and Swedish.
- Advising Vonovia SE on the sale of a minority stake in the "Südewo"-Portfolio for EUR 1 billion and on the establishment of the future joint venture with Apollo, on its capital increase with a volume of 8 billion Euro and on its merger with Deutsche Wohnen.
- Advising Archer Hotel Capital on the sale of the Sheraton Berlin Grand Hotel Esplanade to DFI / Cells.
- Advising Tishman Speyer on the acquisition of the mixed use property "Q207" in Berlin from Allianz Real Estate.
- Advising Union Investment on the acquisition of eight Amazon logistic centers from GARBE Industrial Real Estate and on the acquisition of two logistics development projects from a joint venture of Hagedorn / BREMER.
- Advising Icade Healthcare Europe on the acquisition of eight German nursing home properties from Orpéa.
- Advising Union Investment on the acquisition of a European logistics portfolio worth 800m euros from GARBE Industrial Real Estate.
- Advising RFR and Signa, in a 50/50 joint venture, on the acquisition of a German-Dutch real estate portfolio from Allianz Real Estate.
- Advising B&B Hotels on the acquisition of an operating company for nine hotels in Germany from Covivio.
- Advising Orion Capital on the sale of the Allee-Center shopping centre in Berlin and on the acquisition of the Lilien-Carré shopping centre in Wiesbaden out of insolvency.
- Advising Procom Invest on the acquisition of the Commerzbank property ('Nikolai-Insel') in Hamburg, one of the largest inner-city development projects.
- Advising TPG Real Estate Partners on the takeover of Berlin-based hotel and hostel group A&O, one of the largest independent hostel providers in Europe with 31 facilities in 19 cities.
- Universities of Hannover, Germany, and Stockholm, Sweden (legal studies, including a master's degree in European legal practice - magister legum europae)
- Harvard Law School, USA (Visiting researcher)
- Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany (doctor of laws - Dr iur)
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht) in Hamburg, including stages at the German Federal Ministry of Justice in Berlin and at the German Federal Constitutional Court in Karlsruhe
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany
Guest lectures on contract law and commercial lease law at EBS (European Business School) in Wiesbaden and on Green Leases at IREBS (International Real Estate Business School) in Regensburg