About Annabelle Hamelin
Annabelle is a French-qualified lawyer specialised in data protection and privacy and a member of our data and technology practice.
She advises on all issues relating to data protection and privacy and helps organisations navigate between the French, German and European legal frameworks. Annabelle has been the lead coordinator for a variety of multi-jurisdictional surveys, including global product reviews and the roll-out of group-wide processes. She also helps advising on M&A transactions regarding cyber security and data privacy compliance aspects.
Furthermore, Annabelle is co-responsible for Freshfields’ knowledge management regarding data and cyber laws as well as developments across Europe. She has also been involved in collaboration with the Freshfields Lab in projects to leverage new technologies to facilitate the delivery of our data advice.
Annabelle speaks French, English and German.
- Advising a leading automotive company on various global data governance issues, including the introduction of a global data breach notification system.
- Advising a pharmaceutical provider on data breach notification requirements before data protection and cyber authorities.
- Advising a healthcare company with regard to compliance with consent requirements applicable to the rolling out of a mobile application.
- Advising a global insurance company in relation to the acquisition of an online portal.
- Advising a global investment management firm regarding the use of a global email monitoring system.
Online and digital
- Advising a global tech company on the current and upcoming requirements in relation to ePrivacy regulations.
- University of Paris Panthéon-Sorbonne
- University of Paris Panthéon-Assas
- Avocate à la Cour, France