About Claire Harrop
Claire is a senior associate in our financial institutions group. She advises on financial services regulatory matters, including in a transactional context. Claire is one of the co-founders of the firm’s global Fintech group.
Claire advises on both domestic and European financial services regulatory issues including, most recently, assisting financial institutions with MiFID 2 implementation and Brexit planning.
As a natural progression of her financial services practice and scientific background, Claire co-founded the Freshfields Fintech group in 2013. She is keenly interested in developments in the Fintech space and is regularly invited to speak at tech events.
Claire has been on secondment to the regulatory change team at a large European bank, the regulatory team of a significant international payments firm and the compliance team of a systemic trading venue.
- Several global financial institutions on the implementation of MiFID 2 and Brexit planning
- Funding Circle, on its IPO and premium London listing
- London Stock Exchange Group on its proposed merger with Deutsche Börse AG
- Blackstone on its investment in Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk division
- AllFunds Bank on its strategic partnership with BNP Paribas
- London Stock Exchange on its acquisition of Refinitiv
- Financial institutions on potential uses of blockchain and new payment products
- Several major banks in relation to the submissions of their US resolution plans
- The Queen's College, University of Oxford (Master of Physics)
- Oxford Brookes University (graduate diploma in law)
- BPP Law School, London (legal practice course)
- Solicitor, England and Wales