About Theodore Heng
Theodore is an associate in our Global Transactions group.
He acts for global financial sponsors and multinational corporates on the full spectrum of corporate matters across all sectors – with a focus on cross border mergers and acquisitions / private equity work. He is also part of our fintech / digital team.
Theodore is currently based in Singapore, having spent time with our London and Dubai offices.
He speaks English and Mandarin.
Theodore's recent experience includes advising:
- The Blackstone Group on:
- its proposed privatisation and delisting of SGX-listed Soilbuild Business Space REIT
- its acquisition of Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort, Anantara Veli Maldives Resort, Naladhu Private Island Maldives and the staff island of Boduhura
- its acquisition of Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort
- its acquisition of Cloudreach, a leading global cloud enabler headquartered in the UK
- PayPal on its investment in GoPay, the payments business of the Southeast Asian super app and Indonesian technology "decacorn" GO-JEK Group, alongside Facebook, Google and Tencent
- General Atlantic on its investment in Ruangguru, Southeast Asia's largest technology-enabled education company
- DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals, the global leader in sustainable antibiotics, next-generation statins and anti-fungals, and its senior management team on its sale to Bain Capital Private Equity
- Airtel, the world’s third largest mobile network operator, on an investment by six leading global investors including Warburg Pincus, Softbank and Temasek in Airtel Africa.
- Astra International, one of Indonesia's largest conglomerates, on its investment in GO-JEK Group, Southeast Asia’s largest on-demand multi-service technology platform, alongside leading financial investors Warburg Pincus, KKR and TPG
- Cloudreach, a leading global cloud enabler majority-owned by The Blackstone Group, on its acquisitions of:
- Emerging Technology Advisors, an US-based digital professional services firm
- Cloudamize, an US-based cloud computing analytics firm
- Pandox AB on its acquisition of the Jurys Inn hotel portfolio in the UK and the Ireland in partnership with The Fattal Group
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisitions of:
- QA Group, the UK’s leading provider of IT education and skills
- TMF Group, a global provider of compliance and administrative services
- Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Reiss Holdings, the owner of the global fashion and accessories brand REISS
- AB InBev, the world’s largest brewer, on its acquisition of SABMiller, the world’s second largest brewer, representing the largest ever UK public takeover
- BG Group on the takeover offer by Royal Dutch Shell, forming the world’s largest liquefied natural gas company
- BPP Law School, UK (Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), Distinction)
- University of Bristol, UK (Bachelor of Laws (LLB), First Class Honours)
- Solicitor, England and Wales