About Dr. Jan Hermsen
Jan is a corporate associate in our global transactions team.
He advises companies on general corporate matters and particularly with regard to M&A transactions.
Jan speaks German, English and Norwegian.
- Advising Carlyle Investment Management on its $3.2bn acquisition of Atotech from Total, the French integrated oil and gas company. Atotech is a chemicals business specialising in metallisation, panel plating and corrosion protection products.
- Advising PGGM Vermogensbeheer, a Dutch pension fund, on the acquisition of 49 per cent of the German business of American Tower Corporation, an owner, operator and developer of wireless communication towers.
- Advising the shipping line Maersk on the acquisition of the shipping line Hamburg Süd.
- University of Greifswald, Germany (law)
- University of Greifswald, Germany (doctor of laws – Dr jur)
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) in Hamburg in Germany and Oslo in Norway
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany