About Quentin Herruel
Quentin is an associate in our International Arbitration Group based in Paris.
A member of the Paris Bar, he has experience representing and advising private and sovereign clients in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration disputes across a range of industry sectors, with a focus on energy and construction, conducted under major institutional and ad hoc arbitration rules.
He speaks English and French, and has a basic knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese.
Quentin’s recent experience at his previous firm includes:
- Representing a Middle Eastern oil and gas company in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules brought against a State-owned enterprise over the non-delivery of significant volumes of gas pursuant to a long-term gas supply contract, administered by the PCA and seated in Geneva;
- Representing a consortium of oil & gas majors in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules brought by a sovereign State under a production sharing agreement, administered by the PCA and seated in Stockholm;
- Representing a European contractor in an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva against a State-owned enterprise over delays and prolongation costs in a gas-to-electricity plant project in North Africa;
- Representing a joint venture and its shareholders in an ICC arbitration seated in Paris against a North African State-owned enterprise over the electricity tariff of an energy conversion agreement (natural gas to electricity).
- Representing a European contractor against a sovereign State in an arbitration under the rules of the European Development Fund seated in Paris over the suspension of an infrastructure project in West-Africa;
- Representing a leading ferry operator in an arbitration under the rules of the Chambre Arbitrale Maritime de Paris seated in Paris over the sale of vessels under a put option agreement;
- Representing a distributor in an arbitration under the rules of the Danish Institute of Arbitration seated in Haderlev, Denmark, against a boat manufacturer over the termination of an exclusive distribution agreement and unpaid invoices;
- Advising a distributor in the pre-arbitral phase and settlement negotiations of a dispute against a manufacturer of industrial tools over the termination of an exclusive distribution agreement in South-Eastern Europe.
Paris (Avocat à la Cour)
- Master 2 in Litigation, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Paris II Panthéon-Assas University
- Master 2 in European and International Business Law, Paris-Dauphine University
- Master 1 in Business Law, Aix-Marseille University
- Bachelor's degree in Private Law, University of Nantes