About Laura Higgins
Laura is an associate in the Commercial Disputes Group, with a broad practice covering both contentious litigious matters and regulatory investigations.
Laura has a particular interest in work with a Russian or CIS focus.
Laura's recent experience includes:
- acting for a major international investment company in connection with proceedings in the English courts as well as formal insolvency proceedings abroad.
- advising a multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer in connection with an investigation resulting from its profit overstatement and subsequent entry into a deferred prosecution agreement.
- representing a consortium of dissenting shareholders in a Cayman Islands claim in relation to the merger of a Cayman registered Russian oilfield services company.
- representing a Russian businessman in a USD$2bn claim in both the English Commercial Court and Chancery Division.
- St. Anne's College, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, MA Jurisprudence
- BPP University, London, United Kingdom, Legal Practice Course, Commendation
- Higher rights of audience (Civil)