About Dr. Stephan Hillenbrand
Stephan is an experienced commercial litigator. He advises major national and international companies and financial institutions both in and out of court and before arbitral tribunals, with a particular focus on complex mass claim and class action proceedings.
Besides giving strategic advice, Stephan has particular expertise in the implementation of an aligned defence strategy in mass claim matters with involvement of legal tech. As project owner of many legal-tech workstreams and projects, Stephan is experienced in leading cross-functional teams of professionals, software developers, machine learning engineers and project managers.
He has a significant track record of delivering innovative solutions to his clients at the intersection of law and technology throughout all relevant stages in the life cycle of digital solutions, from conceptualisation to successful implementation, especially in the area of tech-enabled handling of complex and mass claim proceedings.
Stephan is based in our Munich office. He speaks German and English.
- Representing a leading German car manufacturer in the defense against mass litigation proceedings and advising on the coordination of various international litigation proceedings.
- Representing a leading international insurance company as travel operator insolvency protection insurer on the reimbursement of travellers and in connection with claims from service providers.
- Advising a global leader in online gambling in mass claims brought by players seeking repayment of their gambling losses before German courts.
- Advising a leading German mechanical engineering company in arbitration proceedings on a patent and know-how license agreement.
- Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich, Law
- University of Augsburg (Dr. iur.)
- Business Mediator (MuCDR)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany