About Tom Hingley
Tom is a commercial and intellectual property associate in our global transactions practice in London.
He has a keen interest in emerging legal issues surrounding fintech, blockchain and smart contracts.
Tom speaks at conferences and contributes articles, commentary and video content to internal and external publications.
During his time at Freshfields, Tom has spent time seconded to the Dubai corporate team.
- Advising on acquisitions and disposals of intellectual property and IT assets in the context of international M&A, joint ventures and other transactions.
- Advising on complex carve-outs and separation projects.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, including transitional service agreements and IP licences.
- Advising on IP structuring and protection issues.
- Advising on data protection/data privacy matters.
- Advising financial services clients on legal and structuring considerations in the planning and implementation of blockchain projects.
- King's College London, UK, and Uppsala University, Sweden (law with European legal studies LLB)
- Solicitor, England and Wales