About Matthias Hofer
Matthias is a member of our IP Group and specializes inter alia in IP, unfair competition and distribution law. He is regularly in advising and representing clients complex projects, including both transactions and dispute resolution in technical industries. He further focusses on international arbitration and his experience extends to disputes involving gas and gas storage, post M&A, telecommunications and financial matters. He also acted as tribunal secretary.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising and representing a leading IT company in relation to claims resulting from mass solicitation of employees.
- Advising a leading manufacturer of rail track maintenance and track laying machines on its global distribution set-up and various proceedings against competitors.
- Regularly advising international and private clients on IP aspects in relation to industry, tech and pharma heavy transactions (incl. advice on IP related agreements).
- Advising Tiger Coatings, international manufacturer of coatings, lacquers and inks, on cross-border joint ventures and technology-related contracts, including licensing, and distribution agreements.
- Advising and representing leading energy clients in arbitration proceedings arising out of disputes over price adjustments in long term gas storage contracts.
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (LL.B. and LL.M.)
- Austrian Bar (Rechtsanwalt)