About David M. Howard
David is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group based in New York. He represents clients on matters relating to investigations, commercial litigation, securities and shareholder litigation, and international arbitration. He has deep experience representing clients in the finance, energy, and telecommunications industries.
- Represented a fintech alternative investment company in DOJ, SEC, OCIE, and NYAG investigations.
- Represented power companies in construction financing contract disputes.
- Represented alternative investment companies in multiple civil securities litigations.
- Represented an activist investor group in parallel federal and state proxy litigations.
- Represented numerous companies in New York and Delaware shareholder securities litigations.
- Drafted and filed amicus curiae briefs on behalf of:
- Former FEC commissioner in support of petition for writ of certiorari to U.S. Supreme Court in Ted Lieu et al. v. FEC, No. 19-1398.
- Nonprofit organization in support of petition for writ of certiorari to U.S. Supreme Court and in support of merits brief in Uzuegbunam, et al. v. Preczewski, et al., No. 19-968.
- Former U.S. ambassador in Afghan and Iraqi Allies et al. v. Pompeo et al., 1:18-cv-01388 (D.D.C.).
- Represented a South American energy company in an arbitration against a Spanish contractor (ICC).
- Represented an athlete in arbitration proceedings against an NGB (USOPC).
- Represented an investment advisor regarding trade finance loans (ICC).
- Represented a foreign telecommunications company in a contract dispute regarding wireless cellular services (AAA/ICDR).
- Represented an international supply company regarding contract dispute (CPR).
- JD, with honors, University of Texas School of Law
- BS, cum laude, Loyola Marymount University
David is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.