About Dr. Eva-Maria Hoyler
Eva is an M&A senior associate in our global transactions team. She advises financial sponsors and corporate clients on national and cross-border M&A, private equity and carve-out transactions across a variety of sectors, with a particular focus on the life sciences / healthcare and technology / digital sectors.
Eva is currently seconded to KKR in London.
She speaks German, English, French, Spanish and Greek.
- the then-current shareholders of MYR GmbH on their sale of MYR to Gilead for approx. EUR 1.5 billion; MYR is a German biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialisation of therapeutics for the treatment of chronic hepatitis delta virus (HDV);
- KKR on various proposed acquisitions across sectors and strategies;
- Advent on
- its acquisition of the methacrylates business from Evonik Industries AG for EUR 3 billion,
- its acquisition of Deutsche Fachpflege Gruppe, a provider of non-clinical intensive care in Germany, and
- various proposed acquisitions;
- Francisco Partners, a leading global investment firm specialised in partnering with technology and technology-enabled businesses, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Native Instruments, a provider of soft- and hardware for digital music production;
- BBVA on its follow-on investment in
- the EUR 190 million series D round of solarisBank AG, Europe’s leading Banking-as-a-Service platform, valuing the company at EUR 1.4 billion, and
- the EUR 60 million series C round of solarisBank AG;
- Verisk Analytics, a leading data analytics provider, on
- its acquisition of the content as a service business of SAP and a strategic partnership for product compliance solutions, and
- its acquisition of the German part of Genscape's energy data business from Daily Mail and General Trust;
- Axel Springer on its joint acquisition with Purplebricks of an interest in Homeday, a transaction-based digital real estate platform;
- Merck KGaA on the carve-out and sale of its global consumer health business (spanning across more than 50 jurisdictions and including listed subsidiaries in India and Indonesia) to Procter & Gamble (P&G) for approx. EUR 3.4 billion;
- ABB on the carve-out and sale of its global high-voltage cable business with a total enterprise value of EUR 836 million (USD 934 million);
- LG Corporation and LG Electronics on the acquisition of ZKW, an Austrian automotive lighting system manufacturer, for EUR 1.1 billion;
- Vattenfall on the carve-out and sale of its lignite power plants and open cast mines to the Czech energy supplier Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH) and the financial investor PPF Investments;
- enercity (Stadtwerke Hannover Aktiengesellschaft) on the sale of the hard coal power plant Mehrum to the Czech energy supplier Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH); and
- 3i on the acquisition of automotive supplier Schlemmer.
- Scholar of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)
- Scholar of the Paul and Yvonne Gillet Foundation
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (First State Exam)
- University of Paris Panthéon-Sorbonne, France
- PhD degree from the Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (doctor of laws - Dr iur)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Germany, legal traineeship (Referendariat) working, amongst others, in the M&A practice group of the Freshfields’ Berlin office and for the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Germany (Second State Exam)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany