About Dr. Eva-Maria Hoyler
Eva is a corporate associate in our global transactions team.
She advises German and international clients with a particular focus on national and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, carve-outs as well as on general corporate law matters.
She speaks German, English, French, Spanish and Greek.
- Advising the current shareholders of MYR GmbH on their sale of MYR to Gilead for approx. EUR 1.5 billion. MYR is a German biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialisation of therapeutics for the treatment of chronic hepatitis delta virus (HDV).
- Advising Francisco Partners, a leading global investment firm specialised in partnering with technology and technology-enabled businesses, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Native Instruments, the Berlin-headquartered leader in soft- and hardware for digital music production.
- Advising Advent on its acquisition of the methacrylates business from Evonik Industries AG for EUR 3 billion.
- Advising Advent on its acquisition of Deutsche Fachpflege Gruppe, the leader in non-clinical intensive care in Germany.
- Advising BBVA on its follow-on investment in the EUR 60 million series C round of solarisBank AG.
- Advising Verisk Analytics, a leading data analytics provider, on its acquisition of the content as a service business of SAP and a strategic partnership for product compliance solutions.
- Advising Verisk Analytics on its acquisition of the German part of Genscape's energy data business from Daily Mail and General Trust.
- Advising Axel Springer on its joint acquisition with Purplebricks of an interest in Homeday, a transaction-based digital real estate platform.
- Advising Merck KGaA on the carve-out and sale of its global consumer health business (spanning across more than 50 jurisdictions and including listed subsidiaries in India and Indonesia) to Procter & Gamble (P&G) for approx. EUR 3.4 billion.
- Advising ABB on the carve-out and sale of its global high-voltage cable business with a total enterprise value of EUR 836 million (USD 934 million).
- Advising LG Corporation and LG Electronics on the acquisition of ZKW, an Austrian automotive lighting system manufacturer, for EUR 1.1 billion.
- Advising Vattenfall on the carve-out and sale of its lignite power plants and open cast mines to the Czech energy supplier Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH) and the financial investor PPF Investments.
- Advising enercity (Stadtwerke Hannover Aktiengesellschaft) on the sale of the hard coal power plant Mehrum to the Czech energy supplier Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH).
- Advising 3i on the acquisition of automotive supplier Schlemmer.
- Scholar of the German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (First State Examination)
- University of Paris Panthéon-Sorbonne, France
- PhD degree from the Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (doctor of laws - Dr iur)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Germany, legal traineeship (Referendariat), among others working for the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the corporate/M&A practice group in our Berlin office
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Germany (Second State Examination)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany