Paul focuses on cross-border public and private M&A, private equity transactions, venture capital and general corporate governance.back to tab navigation
- Advising Nasdaq-listed KLX Energy Services on its stock-for-stock merger with Quintana Energy Services (pending) and on its acquisitions of Motley Services, Red Bone Services and Tecton Energy Services;
- Advising Charterhouse portfolio company, SERB Specialty Pharmaceutical, on its acquisition of Firdapse®, the FDA-approved drug to treat adults with Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS), from BioMarin Pharmaceutical.
- Advising Mast-Jagermeister on its investment in, and its exclusive distribution arrangements for, Teremana® tequila, the brand founded by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- Advising Alpek, a Mexican petrochemical company, on its acquisition of Lotte Chemical UK from South Korea-based Lotte Chemical Corporation.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its $1.375bn acquisition of Ontic, a leading provider of OEM-licensed parts for legacy aerospace platforms, from BBA Aviation plc.
- Advising Beiersdorf AG on its $550m acquisition of the Coppertone® suncare business from Bayer AG.
- Advising InterContinental Hotels Group on its $300m acquisition of Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas from Pegasus Capital Advisors.
- Advising BASF, a German chemical company and the largest chemical producer in the world, on its €7.6bn acquisition of significant components of Bayer’s and Monsanto’s seed, agricultural and chemical businesses.
- Advising KLX Inc., on the $4.2bn take-private of its Aerospace Solutions Group by The Boeing Company and on the spin-off of its Energy Services Group (now KLX Energy Services) to KLX shareholders.
- Advising Japan Tobacco on its $5bn acquisition of the non-US operations of Natural American Spirit from Reynolds American and its acquisition of Logic Technology Development.
- Advising Smiths Group on its acquisition of Morpho Detection, a California-based threat detection solutions provider and subsidiary of Safran Group, and on its required divestiture of Morpho Detection’s trace detection business to OSI Systems. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Novartis on the $5.4bn sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly and on the $5.3bn acquisition of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company’s dry eye drug, Xiidra®.
- Advising Sun Pharmaceuticals on investments in scPharmaceuticals and in Krystal Biotech.
- Advising Burford Capital on its acquisition of GKC Holdings, the parent company of Chicago-based litigation finance and asset management firm Gerchen Keller Capital, combining the two largest litigation finance players in the world.
- Advising MSD Capital on its significant investment in the $4bn buyout of UFC, joining WME-IMG, KKR and Silver Lake.
- Advising Vossloh on its acquisition of Rocla Concrete Tie via a share acquisition of its parent, Rocla International Holdings.
- Advising Continental, the German auto and truck parts manufacturing company, on its $1.9bn acquisition Veyance Technologies, an Ohio-based rubber and plastics company, from The Carlyle Group.
- Advising Warburg Pincus on the bolt-on acquisition of Catapult International, a transportation management software company, by its portfolio company, Dubai-based Mercator.
- Advising United Medical Systems International, a publicly held German company, on the sale of its mobile medical device business to a US-based private equity fund.
- Advising EQT Infrastructure II, an infrastructure investment fund managed by the Northern European private equity group EQT, in its public tender offer for and successful acquisition of Westway Group, the New Orleans-based leading global provider of bulk liquid storage.
- Advising global private equity firm Advent, in connection with its $1.1bn acquisition of Allnex, the coatings resins business of Cytec Industries.
- Advising Zapi on the acquisition of the motion control business of Kollmorgen Corporation, a subsidiary of Danaher.
- Advising Innovation Network Corporation of Japanand Nihon Inter Electronics Company on their minority investment in Transphorm, a California-based developer of ultra-efficient power conversion technology.
- Advising Japan Metals & Chemicals on its acquisition of Bozel Mineração and Bozel Europe in an auction and sale conducted under Section 363 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
- Advising Arysta LifeScience, the world’s largest privately held crop protection and life science company, on the acquisition of Devidayal Sales Limited, one of the top ten privately-owned agrochemical companies in India.
- Advising Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, a global leader in the building and innovative materials sector, on the acquisition of NV Bekaert’s specialty films business, including all related intellectual property as well as manufacturing and distribution sites located in the United States, Belgium and China.
- Advising Burger King on its joint venture and master franchise arrangements with a global private equity fund and Turkish investors for the development of over 1,000 restaurants in China.
- Advising New York Life Insurance Company on the sale of its stake in the Indian life assurance company, Max New York Life, to Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company.
- Advising Zhejiang Geely Holding Group on its acquisition of Volvo Car Corporation from Ford Motor Company.
- Advising ArcLight Capital Partners on the sale of its stake in a submarine electric power transmission line to California Public Employees’ Retirement System and on the sale of a portfolio of contracted natural gas fired power generation plants totaling 1,068 MW to First Reserve Corporation.
- Advising State Street on certain outsourcing agreements with a major US asset manager.
- Advising Ningbo Huaxiang Electronic, a Chinese A-share listed company, on its acquisition of the Sellner Group, a German-based auto supplier that went into insolvency.
- Advising Ilim Timber, one of the largest timber producers in Russia and one of the world's top-10 timber producers, on the acquisition of Tolleson Lumber Company, a US manufacturer of southern pine lumber.
back to tab navigation
- JD, cum laude, Pace University School of Law.
- BA, English, magna cum laude, University of Texas at Austin.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 277 4000
F +1 212 277 4001