About Andrew Hutchings
Andrew is Head of our London transactional practice.
Andrew focuses on complex public and private cross-border M&A transactions. He regularly advises on transactions in the financial institutions sector and until recently co-headed our global Financial Institutions Group. He has also advised in a wide range of other sectors. He regularly acts for listed companies, international groups and financial investors, including infrastructure funds.
In addition to M&A, Andrew has significant experience in governance and shareholder arrangements, group reorganisations and in relation to shareholder activism.
Andrew has previously sat on the firm’s Partnership Council, the most senior decision making body of the firm. He is a regular 30% club mentor.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its:
- $27bn all share acquisition of Refinitiv and related sale of Borsa Italiana
- defence of an unsolicited £32bn approach from HKSE
- £21bn proposed merger with Deutsche Börse
- acquisition of a majority stake in the LCH Group and related governance arrangements
- acquisition of Frank Russell Company (and related rights issue) and the subsequent sale of Russell Investments.
- Advising AstraZeneca on the unsolicited takeover approach from Pfizer in respect of a proposed $118bn share for share acquisition.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on its £4bn acquisition of the payments business, Nets.
- Advising on the sale of a minority interest in Terminal Investments to GIP and the subsequent investment by GIC, including related shareholder arrangements.
- Advising the partners of TT International (TTI), on the sale of the TTI business to the Japanese banking group, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
- Advising Patrizia on its auction acquisition of Rockspring, a UK asset manager.
- Sheffield University, UK
- Forward Institute Advisory Board