About Max Immerzeel
Max is an associate in the Antitrust, Competition and Trade team of our firm’s Amsterdam office. He specialises in competition law, administrative law, European law and regulated markets and advises clients across a range of sectors, including media, energy, telecommunications, consumer goods and finance.
He has acted on high-profile litigious matters before the Dutch and European courts. Max also has experience with large multi-jurisdictional merger control and foreign investment control filings across Europe and the rest of the world.
Max is fluent in Dutch and English and also speaks Afrikaans and Spanish.
- Advising WP/AP Telecom Holdings IV B.V., an entity jointly controlled by funds advised by Apax Partners and Warburg Pincus, on the acquisition of T-Mobile Netherlands for an enterprise value of 5.1 billion euros.
- Advising Talpa Holding on the proposed merger between Talpa Network and RTL Nederland, combining their broadcasting and affiliated media activities in the Netherlands.
- Advising funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management on the acquisition of High Tech Campus Eindhoven (HTCE) from Ramphastos Real Estate Investments.
- Defending ABB in private litigation arising from the European Commission’s Power Cables and Gas Insulated Switchgear cartel decisions.
- Defending a leading FMCG company in a cartel probe of the Dutch competition authority ACM. The enforcer issued more than 82 million euros in fines for allegedly exchanging price information with competitors.
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, LLM in EU competition law.
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, BA in European studies.
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, LLB in Law.
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa.