About Lauren Jackson
Lauren advises companies, investors, employers, trustees and financial institutions on a wide range of pensions issues.
Her recent experience includes advising in relation to corporate transactions, and distressed and insolvency situations. She has extensive experience in dealing with the UK Pensions Regulator, having successfully obtained clearance in relation to two separate transactions, and advised the Trustee of a large UK defined benefit pension scheme in relation to the settlement of significant regulatory action.
Lauren has also recently advised the lead investor in one of the UK’s first defined benefit pensions consolidators.
Although her work has a significant transactional element, Lauren also advises clients on a broad range of other pension-related (and often high-value) advisory matters, including pension scheme de-risking transactions, funding and scheme support agreements and benefit redesign projects.
Lauren is an active member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers, is a longstanding member of its Education sub-committee, and personally delivers training to the industry.
- Advising a UK listed company on the pensions aspects of the sale of part of its business and obtaining regulatory clearance.
- Advising Debenhams on the pensions aspects of its financial restructuring.
- Advising SSE on the UK pensions aspects of the sale of its retail business.
- Advising the lead investor in one of the UK’s first defined benefit pension consolidator arrangements.
- Advising Saptuo Inc. on the pensions aspects of its recommended all-cash offer for Dairy Crest Group.
- Advising MEIF 6 Fibre Limited (a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 6 SCSp) on the pensions aspects of its recommended public takeover of KCOM Group plc.
- Advising Michelin on the pensions aspects of its £1.2bn recommended take-private of London-listed Fenner plc.
- Advising Amex GBT on the pensions aspects of its takeover of Hogg Robinson plc and obtaining regulatory clearance.
- Advising the trustee of a large defined benefit pension plan in relation to the settlement of significant regulatory action.
- Advising a number of large trustee clients in relation to a full range of day-to-day advisory and project-based advice.
- Advising an international professional services client in relation to future pension strategy and benefit redesign.
- University of Leeds, UK, BA(Hons) Modern History and Politics
- University of Law, London BA(Hons) Law
English solicitor, admitted September 2009
Lauren is a member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers.