About Selbie L. Jason
As an Associate in Freshfields’s global investigations and litigation groups, Selbie represents clients in complex civil and criminal litigation in federal court and advises corporate and individual clients in connection with internal investigations and regulatory investigations conducted by various enforcement agencies including the DOJ and SEC.
- Representing individual executives during corporate internal investigations and investigations being conducted by the DOJ and SEC into potential wrongdoing.
- Represented an individual client in a federal criminal prosecution and four-week jury trial in the Southern District of New York alleging fraud and conspiracy charges based on the alleged leak of PCAOB inspection information to KPMG.
- Defended an investment advisory firm and its principal in federal civil litigation alleging fraud in connection with the creation and marketing of certain collateralized debt obligations (CDOs).
- Represented the trustee of a liquidating trust for an investment advisory firm in a proposed class action challenging the SEC’s imposition of disgorgement orders.
- Representing pro bono clients who are currently incarcerated including seeking their compassionate release due to extraordinary circumstances and in hearings before the US Parole Commission.
- JD, magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, Managing Editor of the Syracuse Law Review
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York and before the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, US District Court for the Southern District of New York, and US District Court for the Eastern District of New York