About Jane Jenkins
Jane provides a whole-of-life service on the largest, most complex construction, procurement and engineering projects.
She advises on procurement strategies and compliance, assesses prospects of mounting successful challenges, and represents both suppliers and buyers in procurement litigation. She has particular experience of the defence, energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors. Her clients include governments, utilities, major international contractors and credit providers.
Major clients and contractors also look to Jane for her construction arbitration skills. She has acted in ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and ad hoc arbitrations.
Jane also jointly leads the cyber security skills group and advises on risk mitigation and response to attacks including interface with regulators and third party liabilities across a wide range of sectors.
- Advising Gatwick Airport on defending a big challenge in expedited proceedings brought by NATS in the Technology and Construction Court relating to the award of the 10 year contract for the provision of air navigation services.
- Advising the National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago in a mediation and ICC arbitration in a dispute with its contractor arising from the catastrophic failure of a pipe pullback operation for an LNG plant and the successful settlement of follow on Commercial Court claims against insurers before the English High Court.
- Advising Agip KCO on the procurement, drafting and negotiation of all construction and engineering contracts for the offshore works in relation to the oil and gas development project in Kazakhstan.
- Advising Almacantar on the £550million forward purchase of two significant office developments at One and Two Southbank Place, the largest property deal ever completed on London’s South Bank.
- Advising Almacantar on the redevelopment of Centre Point, including advice on construction documents, the interaction with the busy transport hub at Tottenham Court Road station and the interface between the construction documents and finance arrangements; and
- Advising Almacantar on the acquisition of Marble Arch Tower, including advice on demolition, construction and ancillary agreements.
- Advising a security equipment provider on a sophisticated state sponsored cyber attack.
- Jane studied law at Lincoln College, Oxford where she was awarded an Old Members Exhibition and passed Solicitors Finals with a Distinction.
- Member of the ICC’s task force on procurement
- Member of the UK CBI’s task force on procurement
- Member of the Parliament and Industry Trust Commission on Cyber Security