About Frank Jin
Frank Jin is a Senior Associate in the Corporate (M&A and Private Equity) team of Freshfields’ Hong Kong office. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border M&A, strategic investments, joint ventures and private equity transactions in the Asia-Pacific region. Frank has spent time on secondment in the international legal team at Ant Group (蚂蚁集团).
- Affinity Equity Partners on its sale of Trimco Group to Brookfield Asset Management (as well as the initial US$520m leveraged buy-out from Partners Group in 2016)
- Permira on its US$2.76bn sale of Tricor to Baring Private Equity Asia (as well as the initial leveraged buy-out from BEA / NWS in 2016 and subsequent bolt-on of NZGT Holdings in 2022)
- CK Hutchison on the landmark US$6bn merger of its Indonesian telecommunications business, Hutchison 3 Indonesia, with Indosat Tbk, a subsidiary of Ooredoo Group
- Alibaba on a US$3bn+ series-round financing for Ele.me (饿了么) and Koubei (口碑), raising funds from Alibaba, SoftBank Vision Fund and other third party investors
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board on its acquisition of a co-control stake in GPA Global from EQT Private Equity and other minority shareholders
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management on its investment into Beisen Holding Ltd
- Mars on its investment in Ringpai Pet Hospital Management Co. Ltd.
- Tai Ping Carpets International on its VSD of its commercial carpets business to Thailand Carpet Manufacturing Company Limited after a competitive auction process
Frank graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons. 1) from the University of Sydney. He has been admitted to practice law in New South Wales since 2013 and Hong Kong since 2020. He speaks fluent English and Mandarin.