About Adam Jones
Adam is a restructuring and insolvency associate in our global transactions group.
Adam has experience acting for lenders, borrowers, administrators, receivers and other key parties in the restructuring and insolvency market.
During his time at Freshfields, Adam has been seconded to Freshfields’ New York office for six months, and to M&G Investments for nine months.
- Advising the Malaysia Airlines group on its global restructuring, including the first use of a UK scheme to reduce liabilities under aircraft leases.
- Advising the agent and syndicate of lenders under the senior secured revolving credit facility of the Codere group (the international gaming operator) in connection with its 2020 restructuring, which was implemented by way of an English scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Stobart Group (the aviation and energy group) in relation to its interests in the Connect Airways administration (including the acquisition of Stobart Air and Propius Limited) and on its £100m capital raise.
- Advising Steinhoff in relation to the sale of its UK retail business including Harveys Furniture and Bensons for Beds.
- Advising Arcadia on its seven CVAs and pensions restructuring.
- Advising BMI Healthcare, one of the largest private hospital groups in the UK, on its recapitalisation and the transfer of ownership to its major landlord.
- Advising the Senior Creditor Group on the Lehman Brothers surplus fund Scheme of Arrangement.
- Advising the largest lenders in the $2.2bn restructuring of Dubai-based Drydocks World.
- Advising a number of global systemically important financial institutions (G-SIFIs) in relation to their recovery and resolution planning.
- Advising the joint receivers of the Citypoint tower in London on their appointment and the management of the property.
- Advising on a debt restructuring in relation to a major local contractor in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising IGas Energy plc, a leading UK onshore oil and gas explorer and producer, in relation to its capital restructuring.
- Advising the Stemcor group, a global independent steel trading business, in relation to a restructuring of its term loan and trade finance facilities by way of a scheme of arrangement and a debt-for-equity swap.
- Advising the H.C. Starck group, a large leading global technology metals business headquartered in Germany, in relation to its restructuring and an amendment and extension of its senior and mezzanine facilities.
- University of Birmingham: BA History and Political Science
- College of Law: Graduate Diploma in Law
- College of Law: Legal Practice Course
- Associate member of the Insolvency Lawyers' Association