About Bernhard Kaiser
Bernhard specialises in securitisation, derivatives and other structured finance transactions.
During the financial crisis he was involved in restructuring work in connection with the Lehman insolvency and advised on the establishment of asset protection schemes, bad banks and in relation to the sovereign debt crisis.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising Deutsche Bundesbank (representing the Eurosystem) in connection with the Lehman insolvency proceedings and the restructuring and workout of ABS, RMBS, CMBS, CDO, and CLO structures.
- Advising European Central Bank on certain aspects of the Greek sovereign debt crisis.
- Advising Finanzministerium NRW (the finance ministry of North-Rhine Westphalia) on the restructuring of WestLB and the related establishment of a 'bad bank' (Abwicklungsanstalt).
- Advising Bundesministerium der Finanzen (the German Federal Ministry of Finance) on the securitisation of the Russian Federation’s Paris Club debt.
- Advising Deutsche Bank as originator and arranger of a pan-European RMBS platform (Eurohome).
- Universities of Mannheim and Heidelberg, Germany
- Columbia University, US (LLM)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Attorney-at-law, New York, US
- German Bar (Frankfurt am Main)
- New York Bar