About Ilana Kattan
Ilana represents clients on a broad range of antitrust issues.
These include mergers and acquisitions, civil antitrust litigation, international cartel investigations and corporate compliance programs.
- Advising Rexam, the leading global beverage can maker, on global merger control aspects of the $6.9bn takeover by US rival Ball Corporation, which brought together the world’s two largest producers of beverage cans.
- Advising Novartis on its joint venture with GlaxoSmithKline's to create a world-leading consumer healthcare business.
- Advising Johnson & Johnson on various transactions on an ongoing basis, including its $6.5bn acquisition of Momenta Pharmaceuticals Inc.; its $30bn acquisition of Swiss biotech company Actelion Pharmaceuticals; its $3.3bn acquisition of hair-products company Vogue International; its $4bn sale of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, a leading diagnostic technology and manufacturing company; its $1.2bn acquisition of Aragon Pharmaceuticals; and collaboration and licensing agreements with MacroGenics and Achillion Pharmaceuticals for various biopharmaceutical compounds.
- Advising Hamakua Energy Partners, a subsidiary of Arclight Capital Partners, against Plaintiff Hu Honua Bioenergy’s Section 1 and state antitrust law claims of an illegal agreement to terminate Hu Honua’s power purchase agreement with the power grid operator in the District of Hawaii.
- Advising a global investment bank in a collection of regulatory and criminal investigations into allegations of a conspiracy among the world’s largest banks to manipulate the setting of the Libor and other leading benchmark interest rates.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, Order of the Coif.
- BA, summa cum laude, Vanderbilt University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.