“Rising Star for Employee Benefits”
Kevin represents public and private clients with respect to a wide variety of executive compensation, employment and benefits issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs, IPOs and other complex corporate transactions, including cross-border related matters.
Kevin represents employers and executives in the negotiation of executive compensation arrangements, including employment, consulting, termination, severance, change-in-control and restrictive covenants agreements, and advises on the associated labor and employment law, ERISA, US federal and state tax and securities implications.
Kevin routinely advises public and private clients on US federal income tax provisions, corporate governance and securities law, and other design and implementation-related considerations associated with cash incentive, equity-based and deferred compensation arrangements.
Additionally, Kevin counsels issuers and investment banks regarding ERISA “plan asset” and other issues related to debt and equity financing transactions, including collateralized loan obligation and other finance transactions.
Prior to Freshfields, Kevin was an associate at Latham & Watkins in New York and, most recently, he was Associate General Counsel at Alvarez & Marsal (New York).back to tab navigation
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group in its acquisition of Refinitiv from a consortium including Blackstone, CPPIB, GIC and Thomson Reuters in an all-stock deal for a total enterprise value of US$27 billion.
- Advising Starbucks on its $7.15bn global coffee alliance with Nestlé.
- Advising KLX on the $4.2bn sale of its aviation parts and services business to Boeing and the spinoff of its energy services business.
- Advising Unimin, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sibelco, on its cash and stock merger with Fairmount Santrol.
- Advising the underwriters led by BNP Paribas, J.P. Morgan and Wells Fargo Securities in Republic Services' SEC-registered $650m 3.375 per cent (notes due 2027) bond offering.
- Advising One Equity Partners on their acquisition of Neology, a California-based provider of integrated solutions for the tolling, electronic vehicle registration, and public safety market.
- JD, magna cum laude, Hofstra University School of Law, Associate Editor, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal.
- BS, summa cum laude, Molloy College.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212-508-8808
F +1 212 277 4001
Rising Star for Employee Benefits