About Karen Kim
Karen focuses on tax issues related to cross-border M&A, structured finance, capital markets and financial products transactions.
She also advises non-US financial institutions on US tax compliance matters, including the Department of Justice’s settlement program for Swiss banks, and works with the firm’s dispute resolution lawyers on global investigations involving US tax issues.
Karen speaks English and Korean.
- Advising global private equity firm Advent on its $1.1bn acquisition of the coatings resins business of Cytec Industries.
- Advising Continental, a German vehicle-parts manufacturer, on its acquisition of Ohio-based rubber and plastics company Veyance Technologies from private equity firm Carlyle Group for approximately $1.9bn.
- Advising Citigroup on multiple collateralized loan obligation transactions, both as deal counsel and as Citigroup’s counsel.
- Advising Hispania Activos Inmobiliarios on its €500m initial public offering on the Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia stock exchanges.
- Advising a number of Swiss banks on the US Department of Justice’s program to settle allegations that they may have aided US taxpayers in avoiding US tax.
- JD, University of Chicago Law School.
- BS, BA, magna cum laude, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.