About Dr. Florian Klein
Florian is an associate in our data privacy & security group who advises national and international companies on all questions relating to data protection and privacy, IT and cyber security as well as media law.
He focuses on compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, providing advice on the full spectrum of related data protection issues and is in particular involved in cross-border cases. His expertise includes advising on both non-contentious and contentious matters.
He also regularly leads negotiations of agreements in the digital and tech contexts and is therefore well aware of the specificities and challenges of these areas.
Furthermore, he has wide experience in advising on M&A transactions regarding all aspects of IT and data protection as well as in advising stock corporations, in particular on privacy related questions with respect to their virtual annual general meetings.
Florian worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Information, Telecommunications and Media Law (University of Münster) in parallel to writing his PhD thesis on data protection law.
Florian speaks German and English.
Florian recently advised:
- a global tech company on the current requirements in relation to international data transfers following the Schrems II judgment of the CJEU;
- several stock corporations on privacy aspects with respect to their virtual annual general meetings;
- a private equity company on general data protection compliance;
- a global insurance company on the collection and processing of customer data for digital communication;
- a provider of cyber security services on contractual aspects with respect to its Master Services Agreement and its Terms & Conditions;
- various target companies in the context of transactions with regard to data protection, IT governance and related compliance management;
- the set-up of virtual data rooms with regard to privacy aspects in the context of various transactions.
University of Münster, Germany (LL.M.)
University of Münster, Germany (Dr iur)