About Dr. Tobias Klose
Tobias specialises in all aspects of European, German and international competition and antitrust law, with a particular focus on merger control, cartel work and follow-on litigation.
He has acted on a number of high-profile cartel investigations, merger control proceedings and abuse of dominance cases before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office. He also advises clients before the EU courts.
Tobias is particularly experienced in leading on and co-ordinating global investigations and leniency applications working closely with counsel, for instance, in the US, Asia or Latin America.
Likewise, Tobias has been conducting antitrust compliance audits for clients almost everywhere in the world.
Tobias speaks German, English and some Swedish.
- Securing a landmark fine reduction by the European courts for E.ON in E.ON/Gaz de France.
- Advising various clients - such as Bayer, thyssenkrupp, Continental, Pfleiderer and Takata - in cartel proceedings with the European Commission and the competition authorities in Germany, South Korea, Japan, Brazil and South Africa relating to, for example, citric acid, carbonless paper, rubber chemicals, synthetic rubber, chloroprene rubber, elevators and escalators, chipboard, sausages, water management products and car parts.
- Advising Continental on the acquisition of a minority stake in map data provider HERE.
- Advising car airbag producer Takata on the sale of almost all its assets to Joyson Safety Systems.
- Advising copper producer Aurubis on the sale of its flat-rolled products business to Wieland-Werke.
- Advising Volvo/Renault on its defence against claims on the back of the EU Commission's 'Trucks' decision.
- University of Goettingen, Germany
- Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany (PhD in European competition law)
- Referendariat at the Higher Court in Düsseldorf, with a four-month stint at law firm Vinge in Stockholm
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Seconded to the London office in 2001