About Dr. Matthias-Gabriel Kremer
Having practised with the firm for more than 25 years, Matthias-Gabriel is one of our most experienced M&A partners, his practice covering everything from public and private M&A to corporate reorganisations.
With four years' professional experience with Deutsche Bank prior to joining the firm, Matthias-Gabriel has a deep understanding of banking that enables him to lead the most complex M&A transactions and reorganisations for banks and other financial institutions. He also has a profound knowledge of the general industries and the transportation sector.
He is author of various articles on corporate and takeover law subjects.
Matthias-Gabriel speaks German, English and French.
- Advising Air Berlin in its insolvency on the disposal of several subsidiaries and other assets to, inter alia, Lufthansa and easyJet.
- Advising BASF SE on the business combination of its oil and gas business Wintershall with DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG thereby creating the leading European exploration and production company.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the acquisition of Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie. SCA, Luxembourg, and its German subsidiaries Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie. KGaA and BHF-Bank.
- Advising Deutsche Post on the staggered sale of its majority shareholding in Deutsche Postbank to Deutsche Bank.
- Advising DVB Bank SE on the sale of its aviation finance business to MUFG Bank, Ltd. and BOT Lease Co., Ltd. and the sale of its land transport finance business to Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen.
- Advising gategroup, the leading airline catering company, on its acquisition of the European business of Lufhansa's catering subsidiary LSG Sky Chefs.
- Advising KBC Bank on the sale of all shares in KBC Bank Deutschland to Apollo, Teacher Retirement System of Texas and Grove Point Capital.
- Advising SEB, the Northern European financial group, on the sale of its German retail banking business to Santander Consumer Bank, a German affiliate of Banco Santander.
- University of Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany (law and economics)
- University of Geneva, Switzerland (law)
- University of Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany (Doctorate in antitrust)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany