About Julia Kubelka
Julia is a Principal Associate in our international tax group. She specialises in international tax law and corporate taxation with special regard to regulated industries such as financial institutions and the online entertainment as well as the transportation sector. She advises clients on tax aspects of M&A transactions and represents national and international clients in complex tax disputes. Another focus of her work is providing advice on tax aspects in arbitration proceedings.
As commercial lawyer and engineer she has both an economic and a technical understanding for the business operations and needs of her clients. She speaks German and English.
- Advising a global enterprise in relation to the tax aspect of major financial restructurings within its group involving several members in different jurisdictions
- Advising a German company with worldwide distribution channels regarding the VAT treatment of chain transactions
- Advising and representing several major betting and gaming operators in tax litigations concerning Austrian gaming taxes and betting duties
- Advising a client in the refund proceedings concerning Danish withholding taxes on liquidation proceeds in the context of the recent ECJ jurisprudence regarding the EU Parent-Subsidiary Directive
- Advising a Swiss company in a post M&A arbitration on tax aspects relating to the sale of the shares in a subsidiary
- Advising and representing clients in tax disputes concerning the treatment of group cash pools
- University of Economics and Business (WU), Bachelor of Laws
- University of Economics and Business, Master of Laws
- Technikum Vienna, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Graduate Engineer
- Rechtsanwalt (Austria)
- Member of the Austrian Bar Association