About Ruben Laddé
Ruben specialises in intellectual property law with a focus on patents and technology-related matters where his background in Electrical Engineering (MSc) serves him well.
He has experience in (multi-jurisdictional) patent litigation and represents clients in a wide range of industries. Ruben furthermore advises on corporate IP issues such as licenses and IP aspects of M&A deals. Ruben speaks Dutch and English.
Litigation experience includes:
- Representing Nikon in patent litigation against ASML before the Dutch courts relating to immersion lithography technology and image sensors of digital photocamera's.
- Representing ASSIA in patent litigation against Nokia and KPN relating to VDSL2 broadband internet access.
- Acting in patent litigation concerning smartphones (offensive and defensive), PI proceedings (kort geding) and accelerated proceedings on the merits.
- Representing HP Inc. in patent infringement proceedings based on patents relating to printer electronics and software.
- Acting for a US based company in patent litigation based on patents allegedly covering core technology for online video streaming services.
- Representing a US mechanical engineering company in various disputes concerning technology licensing, patent infringement and -entitlement relating to systems and control of movement simulators.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in patent entitlement proceedings.
- Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (BSc and MSc in electrical engineering)
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands (LLB and LLM in Dutch law)
- Advocaat, The Netherlands (admitted to the Amsterdam bar in 2011)
- Legal practitioner at the European Patent Office
- AIPPI – International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property