About Kyle Lakin
Kyle Lakin advises equity sponsors and investment funds, as well as corporations, agents and lenders on a wide range of financing transactions, with a focus on, leveraged financing and restructuring transactions.
Kyle has extensive experience in financings of all sorts in the power (traditional and renewables), infrastructure and natural resources sectors. He is a member of our global financial investors group and our global energy and natural resources and transportation and infrastructure groups. Kyle’s extensive experience with various types of financings helps him to deliver creative solutions for clients both in the US and globally.
- Advising Cinven on the debt financing of its acquisition of Ufinet Latam.
- Advising Capital One, as agent, on the restructuring of the senior secured debt of StoneMor Operating LLC.
- Advising CVC on the financing of its acquisition of French microchip manufacturer Linxens and the debt financing for Linxens’ acquisition of Smartrac.
- Advising BC Partners and Springer Nature in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Springer Science+Business Media, the financing of Springer’s merger with Holtzbrink and the combined group’s refinancing.
- Advising One Equity Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Bibliotheca GmbH and the financing of Biblioteca’s acquisition of Neology LLC.
- Advising Paine Schwartz Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Lyons Magnus.
- Advising MSD Capital on its subordinated debt investment in connection with the acquisition by Silver Lake and KKR of Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Advising KfW IPEX-Bank as senior lender and lead arranger in connection with the financing of the development of the world’s first flex mini-mill by Big River Steel in Osceola, Arkansas. The transaction was North America Mining & Metals Deal of the Year for IJGlobal in 2015 and highly commended by the FT US Innovative Lawyers’ Awards 2015.
- Advising EQT on the financing of its acquisition of Contanda (formerly Westway Group), the transaction was commended by the FT US Innovative Lawyers' Awards 2013.
- JD, Stanford Law School.
- BA, classics and classical languages, literatures and linguistics, The University of Chicago.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.