About Tom Lawless
Tom is a Partner in our Global Transactions team and is based in the UAE.
He advises sovereign, private equity and corporate clients on a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, co-investments and joint ventures.
Tom has extensive experience of cross-border transactions in emerging markets and has been recognised as a Rising Star Partner for M&A and private equity in IFLR 1000.
- Advising DP World in relation to its $13.9 billion takeover by Port & Free Zone World FZE.
- Advising DP World in relation to its acquisition of feeder shipping businesses operating in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Advising ADNOC on the establishment of an international futures exchange for Murban crude oil in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, in partnership with Intercontinental Exchange.
- Advising Saudi Telecom Company on Western Union's acquisition of a 15% stake in STC's digital payment business, STC Pay.
- Advising Saudi Telecom Company, a major shareholder in Careem, on the $3.1bn sale of Careem to Uber.
- Advising NBK Capital Partners on its acquisition of Polymedic, a Moroccan pharmaceutical manufacturer and distributor.
- Advising Invest Bank in relation to a $1.1bn capital restructuring by way of strategic investment from the Government of Sharjah.
- Advising Gulf Capital on the sale of Destinations of the World, the travel accommodation wholesaler, to Webjet, a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, 2008
- BPP, Legal Practice Course, 2005
- BPP, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2004
- BA (Hons), Modern History at University of Oxford, 2003