About Sebastian Lawson
Sebastian is an emerging specialist who leads our central and eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CEE/CIS) group.
He spent 10 years in the CEE/CIS region advising on a wide range of major cross-border transactions, and debt and equity offerings. Sebastian’s practice has spanned a wide variety of sectors, with a particular focus on bank M&A.
Now based in London, Sebastian’s emerging-market experience gives clients confidence when executing multijurisdictional deals, which often run into many billions of dollars in value. He focuses particularly on identifying and mitigating risks for clients entering new high-growth markets.
Sebastian speaks English, French, German, Romanian and Russian.
- Representing CVC on the $4.4bn acquisition of AB InBev’s brewing operations in CEE.
- Advising National Bank of Greece on the €2.75bn sale of its 99.81 per cent stake in Finansbank to Qatar National Bank pursuant to the conditions of Greece’s EU bailout and various other corporate transactions in the banking sector.
- Advising Mid Europa Partners on the sale of leading Baltics mobile operator, Bité Finance International, to funds affiliated with Providence Equity Partners.
- Advising KCell, the largest mobile operator in Kazakhstan by market share, on their inaugural stock market listing on the London Stock Exchange (winner of Best IPO in CEE – EMEA Finance Awards 2013).
- Advising PPF Group, a Czech Republic investment group, on the financing to acquire a controlling stake in O2 Czech Republic (the largest Czech telecoms group) from Spain's Telefónica for a total cash consideration of €2.467bn.
- College of Law, UK (CPE and LPC)
- Oxford University, UK (MA Hons)