About Dr. Philipp Lehmann
Philipp is a member of our healthcare and technology sector groups within our global transactions team.
Philipp advises on all aspects of intellectual property, technology and data privacy matters, especially in connection with cross-border transactions and carve-outs in the healthcare and technology sectors. In addition, Philipp is experienced in drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, in particular in the pharma/biotech area.
He speaks English and German.
- Moderna on a strategic collaboration and license of CytomX's Probody technology for use with Moderna's mRNA therapeutics, including a $35 million upfront cash payment and up to $1.2 billion in milestones.
- BioNTech in licensing deals and other collaborations in respect of individualized therapies for treatment of cancer and infectious diseases, including with Pfizer regarding a vaccine program to prevent COVID-19
- Indivumed GmbH, the industry leader in the provision and analysis of clinical biospecimen material, on the carve-out and subsequent sale of its service division "IndivuServ" to Crown Bioscience, Inc.
- Grünenthal on a joint venture collaboration with Kyowa Kirin International, the Japan-based global specialty pharmaceutical company, in relation to Kyowa Kirin's established drug portfolio of 13 brands across six therapeutic areas with a focus on pain management
- Grünenthal on its €500m acquisition of testosterone business ("Nebido") from Bayer
- Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease on the acquisition of LogicBio Therapeutics, a pioneering genomic medicine company
- Novartis on its proposed acquisition of GSK's cephalosporin business
- AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Qatar Investment Authority on an investment in the German biotech company CureVac
- Charterhouse / Serb on the acquisition of rights in a pharmaceutical product from a US biotech company
- EQT on the acquisition of Schülke & Mayr GmbH, one of the leading suppliers of hygiene and infection prevention solutions for skin and surfaces and wound antiseptics
- EQT Infrastructure on the acquisition of two major radiology providers in Germany (Meine Radiologie Holding GmbH & Blikk Holding GmbH) with the aim of creating the leading company in this sector in Germany
- ViGeneron on strategic collaborations with pharma partners, including its collaborations with Biogen and Regeneron
- Umicore on a joint venture with VW to produce battery materials for VW electric vehicles, creating Europe's first all-encompassing supply chain for battery production
- Apax Partners and Warpurg Pincus on their €5.1bn acquisition of T-Mobile Netherlands
- Permira on its €1.9bn strategic investment in Adevinta ASA, the provider of a global classifieds platform
- The shareholders of Flaschenpost SE on the sale of the business to an entity of Oetker-Group
- Hellman & Friedman on its €2.9bn acquisition of the internet platforms AutoScout24, FinanceScout24 und Finanzcheck as well as certain follow-up transactions, inlcuding the on-sale of Finanzcheck to smava
- Hellman & Friedman on its voluntary public takeover offer for the shares of Zooplus AG
- Cazoo, the leading UK online car retailer, on its acquisition of Cluno, Germany’s leading consumer car subscription platform
- UniCredit Bank AG on a high-volume multijurisdictional outsourcing of its payment processing business (ITO and BPO) to equensWorldline
- Uber Technologies, Inc. on the sale of its European digital freight business to sennder GmbH
- BorgWarner on its voluntary public takeover offer to acquire all outstanding shares of Akasol, a leading manufacturer of battery systems and technologies
- Continental on the carve-out of its powertrain business ("Vitesco Technologies")
- thyssenkrupp AG on the sale of its plant enineering business in the mining technologies segment
- Porsche SE on its IPO
- University of Münster
- Legal Traineeship (Referendariat) at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg with stages at international law-firms in Hamburg and Washington, D.C.
- Admitted to the German bar; Rechtsanwalt
- Dr. jur. (Ph.D.), University of Münster