About Michael Levitt
Michael represents companies, investment banks, private equity firms and institutional investors in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, public and private debt and equity securities offerings and related capital markets, acquisition finance and private equity transactions.
He also works on corporate governance matters for a variety of companies.
Michael frequently advises on a full range of domestic and cross-border M&A, financing and capital markets matters, including IPOs, other debt and equity offerings, SPACs, de-SPAC M&A transactions, tender offers, proxy statements, high yield debt offerings, exchange offers, consent solicitations, acquisition financings and convertible debt issuances.
He also has extensive experience with corporate governance matters, SEC compliance issues, NYSE/Nasdaq matters, cross-border capital markets matters and Sarbanes-Oxley concerns.
Before joining Freshfields, Michael was a corporate partner with Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.
- A major shareholder in ReNew Power in ReNew’s $8 billion business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II.
- Li-Cycle on its pending $1.67 billion business combination with SPAC Peridot Acquisition Corp., including a concurrent $315 million PIPE.
- International General Insurance on its Nasdaq listing and merger with SPAC Tiberius Acquisition Corp.
- CarLotz on its Nasdaq listing and $827 million merger with SPAC Acamar Partners Acquisition Corp.
- Volkswagen as the largest stockholder of QuantumScape Corporation on QuantumScape’s Nasdaq listing and $3.3 billion business combination with SPAC Kensington Capital.
- Clever Leaves on its Nasdaq listing and business combination with SPAC Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp.
- National Petroleum Services on its Nasdaq listing and merger with SPAC National Energy Services Reunited.
Other Debt & Equity Offerings
- Team Inc. on its new $250 million term loan, new $150 million ABL facility and repurchase of $137 million of convertible notes.
- Underwriters on Ares Capital Corporation’s SEC-registered investment grade debt, equity and convertible offerings.
- Underwriters on The Kroger Co.’s SEC-registered investment grade debt offerings.
- Underwriters on Republic Services’ SEC-registered investment grade debt and equity offerings.
- Underwriters on Sally Beauty’s high yield debt and equity offerings.
- Underwriters on the SEC-registered global offerings of foreign private issuers Baozun, ZTO Express and Huazhu Group.
- Underwriters on foreign private issuer 21Vianet’s $340 million offering of ADSs.
- US IPOs of Canaan, 111.com, Covia Holdings, Susser Holdings, Kirklands, Ares Capital, CVR Energy, MRC Global, The Nasdaq Stock Market, CVR Partners, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sola International and Waters Corporation.
- La Française des Jeux on its €1.6 billion IPO and listing on Euronext.
- Merck & Co. on Beigene’s IPO and listing on the HKSE.
- AstraZeneca on its $39 billion acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- London Stock Exchange on its $27 billion acquisition of Refinitiv from a consortium including Blackstone, CPPIB, GIC and Thomson Reuters.
- KLX Energy Holdings on its Nasdaq listing via spin-off from KLX Inc., and subsequently on its all-stock merger with Quintana Energy Services.
- Sibelco and Unimin Corporation on Sibelco’s acquisition of Fairmount Santrol.
- Wincor Nixdorf on its sale to Diebold.
- Formula 1 and CVC Capital on the sale of Formula 1 to Liberty Media, and subsequently, the selling shareholders in various sell-down offerings of the shares of Liberty Formula 1 common stock.
- Priory and Advent International on the sale of Priory to Acadia Healthcare.
- JD, Harvard Law School.
- AB, Harvard University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.