“a ‘high-profile practitioner’ who ‘has strengthened the firm’s brand recognition significantly’”
Michael represents companies, investment banks, private equity firms and institutional investors in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, public and private debt and equity securities offerings and related capital markets, acquisition finance and private equity transactions.
He also works on corporate governance matters for a variety of companies.
Michael frequently works with companies, investment banks and private equity firms on a full range of domestic and cross-border M&A, financing and capital markets matters, including tender offers, proxy statements, IPOs, high yield debt offerings, other debt and equity offerings, exchange offers, consent solicitations, acquisition financings and convertible debt issuances.
He also has extensive experience with corporate governance matters, SEC compliance issues, NYSE/Nasdaq matters, cross-border capital markets matters and Sarbanes-Oxley concerns.
Before joining Freshfields, Michael was a corporate partner with Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.back to tab navigation
- Represented Sibelco and Unimin Corporation in Sibelco’s acquisition of Fairmount Santrol Holdings.
- Advising Wincor Nixdorf, a German company, in its acquisition by Diebold, a Nasdaq-listed US company.
- Advising Formula 1, a UK company, and CVC Capital Partners, on the sale of Formula 1 to Liberty Media, a Nasdaq-listed US company.
- Advising Priory, a UK company, and Advent International, in the sale of Priory to Acadia Healthcare, a Nasdaq-listed US company.
- Advising Wireco Worldview, a US company, and Paine & Partners, on the sale of a majority interest in Wireco to Onex, a Canadian private equity firm.
- Advising the underwriters, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, for Sally Beauty Holdings, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Ares Capital Corporation, Republic Services and The Kroger Co. on multiple high yield debt, investment grade debt and/or equity offerings.
- JD, Harvard Law School.
- AB, Harvard University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 277 4004
F +1 646 521 5604
Michael Levitt advises clients on a range of capital markets transactions. Clients include selling stockholders, issuers and underwriters.
- Corporate and M&A
- Corporate governance
- Equity capital markets
- Listed companies
- Private equity and other financial investors
- Private M&A
- Public M&A
- Financing and capital markets
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Executive pay and corporate governance
- Debt capital markets
- High yield and acquisition finance
- Hybrid capital
- Leveraged finance
- Distressed acquisitions