About Drew S. Liming
Drew Liming represents clients in shareholder disputes, government and internal investigations, and commercial litigation.
Drew is experienced with complex shareholder litigation, including securities class actions, derivative actions, shareholder class actions, deal litigation and books and records actions. He has a particular focus in representing technology and life sciences companies in response to the unique challenges they face.
Before joining Freshfields, Drew worked at the Silicon Valley office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. During law school, he studied at the Center for Transnational Legal Studies in London, England. Prior to attending law school, Drew was an economist at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Social media and technology: Defended Snap and its officers and directors in securities class actions and shareholder derivative lawsuits in federal and state courts in connection with Snap’s initial public offering; Defended Alphabet’s directors in shareholder derivative lawsuits related to fines levied by the European Commission.
- Life sciences: Defended Tokai Pharmaceuticals and its officers and directors in securities class actions in state and federal courts, resulting in dismissal of class claims; defended Juno Therapeutics in securities and derivative litigation in connection with adverse events in a clinical trial.
- Cybersecurity: Defended root9B and its officers in securities litigation related to the company’s cybersecurity offerings, obtaining a full dismissal upheld on appeal by the Tenth Circuit; Defended A10 Networks and its officers and directors in securities and derivative litigation and a regulatory investigation in connection with a restatement, obtaining dismissal of all matters.
- Commercial litigation: Defended directors of a data science start-up in litigation brought by a departed co-founder; Defended an Australian biotechnology company in a contractual dispute related to clinical trial milestone payments.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
Magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Certificate in Transnational Legal Studies
- B.A., English Literature and Economics, University of Virginia