About Richard Lister
Richard is global head of our fintech practice, and has worked across all IP-intensive industries on commercial transactions, including outsourcing, joint ventures and carve-outs.
During his career, he has worked at the European Commission (DG IV), and spent time working in Brazil, Hong Kong, New York, Shanghai and Sweden.
Richard speaks French and Spanish.
- Advising the world's leading financial institutions on the implications of using distributed ledger technology (blockchain) for securities trading and settlement.
- Advising Prudential Group on its arrangements with BlackRock Financial Services for the use of the Aladdin system.
- Advising a private equity firm and its investee companies on data-loss cases involving the theft of personal data from fintech businesses.
- Advising HSBC and other financial institutions on their recovery and resolutions plans.
- Advising on Novartis' sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly.
- University College, Cardiff, UK
- College of Law, Chester, UK