About David Ludwick
David specialises in capital markets and co-heads our international capital markets group.
He has extensive experience acting for companies and financial intermediaries on a broad range of equity securities offerings (including IPOs, secondary offerings, private placements, rights issues and block trades) and debt transactions (including high yield and investment grade).
David has broad global experience across developed and emerging markets with particular expertise in the financial institution, retail and consumer, and energy and resource sectors.
He has more than 26 years of legal experience covering London, Hong Kong and New York. David has been recognised as a leading lawyer for equity and debt securities by numerous legal directories.
- The London IPOs of Watches of Switzerland, Airtel Africa, Aston Martin, Xstrata, Vedanta Resources, Gondola Holdings, Alea Group, Generics Group (now Sagentia), Ophir Energy, Westcliff Capital and PHS and London-listed GDR offerings by Kazkommertsbank and Alliance Bank.
- The IPOs of Budweiser Brewing APAC, Razer, Sisram Medical (the first Israeli company to list in Hong Kong), BOC Aviation, IMAX China, Wharf Real Estate Investment, Chow Tai Fook Jewellery, L’Occitane, China Energy Engineering, China Overseas Property, YiChang HEC ChangJiang Pharmaceuticals, UMP Healthcare, Inner Mongolia Energy Engineering and IRC Limted on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Equity offerings (including IPOs, secondary offerings and rights issues) by Whitbread, Aston Martin, AstraZeneca, Grainger, Xstrata, Royal & Sun Alliance, Maxis, Tatung, PICC, Buana Listya Tama, Credit Bank of Moscow and Cebu Air.
- High yield debt offerings by NagaCorp, Carmen Copper, Perusahaan Listrik Negara, Shui On Land, Parkson Retail, Road King, Wuhan Dandgai Science and Technology, Reward Science and Technology, China Jinjiang Environment and Oceanwide Holdings.
- Debt offerings by Barclays Bank, Lloyds TSB, Rabobank Nederland, Bank of China, BOC Aviation, CNOOC Ltd, Saka Energi, China Eximbank, PGN, China Cinda, OCBC, DBS Bank, the Republic of Indonesia, Hong Kong Exchanges, China Overseas Holdings, Siam Commercial Bank, Wistron and Kraft Foods.
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York (J.D. magna cum laude), 1993.
- Drew University, Madison, New Jersey (B.A. summa cum laude), 1990.
- David is qualified to practice in New York and Hong Kong.