About Dr. Marcus P. Lerch
Marcus specialises in litigation and arbitration. He advises and represents national and international companies in all areas of business law and commercial law. Marcus writes and contributes to articles on German and European business law and financial markets law.
He is a member of our Commercial Disputes group and our skills group Insolvency Disputes. Marcus speaks German and English.
- Advising and representing a global OEM in its worldwide defense against compliance-related customer claims brought against the OEM and its dealers (with a special focus on the law of legal services).
- Representing a leading German financial institution in an ad hoc arbitration concerning various corporate law issues.
Advising a global manufacturer of home appliances in a multijurisdictional dispute arising out of the insolvency of a commercial customer, including developing and implementing the defence against claw-back and tort claims brought forward by an insolvency administrator.
- Defending a building-material dealer and energy company in an action brought by shareholders seeking the annulment of resolutions of the Annual General Meeting.
- Representing an international industrial corporation in a post-M&A arbitration according to the rules of the German Arbitration Institute (DIS).
- Representing a real estate investment company in contract-related disputes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in the hospitality sector.
- Advising a hotel group in a dispute involving claims brought forward by an insolvency administrator resulting from a real estate transaction.
- Representing an international startup company in a contract-related dispute with its former subsidiary.
Marcus completed his legal education at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, at Columbia University in the City of New York and at the University of Cambridge (Peterhouse). He served his legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg and was admitted to the bar as Rechtsanwalt in 2016. In 2020, he was seconded to Dr. Reiner Hall, attorney at the Federal Court of Justice in Karlsruhe. During that time he was able to gather first-hand insights on the law of third-instance appeals. Marcus is also qualified as mediator for business and commercial conflicts.
- Mediator (2020, Wirtschaftsmediator (Münchener Ausbildung) – Eidenmüller/Hacke/Fries)
- Master of Law - LL.M. (2017, commercial law designation, University of Cambridge)
- Dr. iur. (2015, Bucerius Law School)
- Bachelor of Law - LL.B. (2010, Bucerius Law School)