About Mark Maarschalkerweerd
Mark is a senior associate and deputy civil law notary in our firm’s Amsterdam office.
Mark's work is focused on public and private M&A, joint ventures and equity capital market transactions.
Mark has experience in advising clients on a wide variety of corporate and finance transactions, including international and multi-jurisdictional restructurings, (cross-border) mergers and spin-offs, primary and secondary equity offerings, management incentive plans, corporate governance and MAR related topics.
Mark is part of the Sustainability Group.
- Advised CNH Industrial NV and Iveco Group NV on the split off of Iveco Group NV and subsequent listing on the Milan stock exchange
- Advised Universal Music Group NV on its separation from Vivendi and listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- Advised PAI on its public bid on Wessanen NV
- Advised argenx SE on its listing on Nasdaq and subsequent share offerings
- Advised Digi Communications NV and TME Pharma NV on their respective IPOs
- Advised IK Partners on its proposed acquisition of IG&H, a leading consulting firm and a market leader in complex end-to-end digital transformation
- Advised Macquarie Asset Management on its acquisition of a stake in EDGE (the sustainability-focused real estate developer) and their future strategic partnership
- Advised Mercuria Energy Group on its acquisition of a strategic equity stake in N+P Group, a pioneer in the development of concepts to utilize non-recyclable waste streams as alternative fuels or alternative raw materials
- Advised APG and Sonae Sierra on the formation of a €1.8bn strategic joint venture with Allianz Real Estate and Elo for the operation and development of prime shopping centres in Portugal and Spain
- Advised Google on the acquisition of Cornerstone, a mainframe migration specialist;
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of a majority equity stake in Expereo, the world’s leading provider of managed internet, cloud access and SD-WAN solutions
- Advised Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Vermaat Groep, the Dutch market leader in high-end catering and hospitality services
- Advised PGGM on its early stage minority investment in SCW Systems, a technology company utilising super critical water gasification as a sustainable way to produce green gas
- University of Utrecht (LLM Notarial Law magna cum laude)
- University of Utrecht (LLM Corporate Law cum laude)
- University of Utrecht (LLB Law at the Utrecht Law College honours programme)