About Laurent Mabilat
Avocat à la cour, Laurent is a partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency team.
Laurent is one of the leading restructuring and finance practitioners in France and has considerable experience of advising financial institutions, corporate clients, private equity funds and hedge funds on complex restructuring matters involving highly leveraged companies.
He has been acting on some of the most challenging and high profile restructurings and finance transactions in the French market.
Laurent has been ranked Band 1 by Chambers Europe for many years in banking and finance and has been ranked Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers for leverage buyouts in 2016, for finance in 2017 and for banking and finance in 2020.
Laurent is fluent in English and French.
- Advising the “Enlarged Working Group of creditors” on the restructuring of the EUR 2.7 billion indebtedness of Bourbon;
- Advising the secured RCF creditors on the restructuring of Rallye's indebtedness in the context of safeguard proceedings;
- Advising the lenders on the restructuring of Areva;
- Advising the funds managed by Avenue Europe International Management L.P., CarVal Investors GB LLP and Marathon Asset Management LP on the restructuring of IKKS; and
- Advising the funds managed by Avenue Capital, Pemberton and Permira on the restructuring of Delsey.
- ESSEC Business School, France (Master in Finance)
- CERAM, France (Master in Management)
- University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France (DEA in law and economics of developing countries, Master in business law)