About Dr. Roman Mallmann
Roman represents clients in a wide range of litigation and arbitration matters.
Roman’s caseload includes arbitrations in the energy and construction sector, post-M&A disputes, internal investigations and strategic advice in corporate crisis scenarios. In recent years, Roman has gained vast experience and specialises in defending clients against follow-on cartel damage claims.
Roman is also the Office Managing Partner in Düsseldorf.
Roman has strong commercial acumen and an effective, solution-orientated approach. His clients come from a number of sectors including energy, retail, transport and infrastructure.
Roman is known for his specialist knowledge of construction and engineering disputes, particularly in relation to FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers) contracts.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Defending clients in and out of court against cartel damage claims following decisions by the EU Commission or the German Federal Cartel Office in the areas of sugar, trucks, power transformers, gas-insulated switches, car parts, mail services, chocolate, pet-food, drugstore articles and DRAM.
- Representing a European provider of satellite capacities in an ad hoc arbitration and parallel state court proceedings regarding allegations of breach of contract (€85m)
- Defending a UK life insurer in one of the largest mass claims cases in Germany against customers alleging contractual and misselling claims.
- Representing a major European energy provider in a DIS arbitration relating to a joint venture involving claims for unjust enrichment and adaptation of contract (€250m).
- Representing a German municipal utility in a DIS arbitration regarding a joint venture for the construction of a coal-fired power plant (€23m).
- Universities of Giessen, Geneva and Cologne (Dr. jur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany