About Mirko Masek
Mirko is Counsel in our Global Transactions group.
He is focussing on energy transition transactions. In this context, he advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures, reorganisations, corporate law and general contract and commercial law.
He is also a member of our energy, resources and infrastructure sector group and works closely with clients from the renewable energy sector as well as in connection with the energy transition and decarbonisation of industry (e.g. on green hydrogen projects).
He assists clients in connection with project-related contracts (e.g. EPC or turbine supply contracts). Mirko also supports clients in project-financing settings.
He advises clients from a wide range of industries and countries. His wide range of experience also includes M&A-related work for strategic investors and non-performing loan transactions in different asset classes as well as restructuring work and transactions.
- Advising Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of wpd’s offshore wind business, a leading offshore project developer, operator and power producer active in various European and Asia-Pacific markets.
- Advising a bidder on the planned acquisition from EnBW of a 49.9 per cent stake in an offshore wind farm project in the German north sea.
- Advising RWE on the refocussing of its activities: as a result of this deal, RWE is set to become the third largest European renewable energy business, and the second largest in wind power.
- Advising a power company on a joint-venture regarding development and operation of a hydrogen plant.
- Advising senior lenders led by SEB on a syndicated financing for the German offshore wind farm Borkum Riffgrund 3. The financing relates to the 50% stake acquired from Ørsted by funds advised by Glennmont Partners.
- Advising RWE on the acquisition of the European wind and solar development business of Nordex.
- Advising Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. on the agreement to acquire selected European assets of Senvion group.
- Advising Vestas, the wind turbine manufacturer, on the acquisition of Availon group, an independent service provider for onshore wind turbines from a private equity majority shareholder.
- University of Oxford, UK (MJur)
- Bucerius Law School Hamburg, Germany (LLB)
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Virginia, USA
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany