About Alan Mason
Alan is the firm’s Global Managing Partner.
Alan is based in the US. Prior to taking on the role, Alan was Freshfields’ global client partner.
Alan has extensive experience advising on complex cross-border M&A deals for corporate clients and financial investors, listed company issues and international joint ventures. He has also spent time working with a leading international investment bank.
Alan is a dual French and English national.
- Advising Advent on the acquisition of Zentiva from Sanofi.
- Advising Blackstone, Carlyle, CPPIB, Cinven, General Atlantic and Warburg Pincus on significant acquisitions.
- Advising Neptune, backed by Carlyle and CVC, on the acquisition of Engie E&P.
- Advising Holcim on the divestment of global assets to CRH in connection with its merger with Lafarge and LafargeHolcim on the sale of Lafarge India to Nirma Limited for $1.4bn.
- Advising Ardian Infrastructure on a number of strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of Vinci Park from Vinci, Géosel Manosque from Total and the proposed acquisition Lyon and Nice airports.
- Advising Aryzta in connection with the acquisition of 49 per cent in Picard and joint-venture arrangements with Lion Capital.
- Advising General Mills on the acquisition of the control of the Yoplait group and joint-venture arrangements with Sodiaal.
- Advising Ardagh on the acquisition of Verallia North America from Saint Gobaine.
- Advising Solvay on its public takeover of Rhodia.
- Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, France (law)
- King’s College, London, UK (law)
- Admitted to practice in California
- Admitted to practice in England & Wales
- Admitted to practice in France