About Peter Mason
Pete is a senior associate specialising in leveraged finance.
His practice covers a wide variety of finance transactions including leveraged, investment grade and real estate financings, refinancings and restructurings with clients that include sponsors, corporates, banks and other non-bank financial institutions and alternative capital providers.
He has particular experience in acquisition finance using European and New York-style term loan B, bank/bond and direct lending/unitranche financing structures.
During his time at Freshfields, Pete has spent periods on secondment to a major global bank and to the firm's Frankfurt office.
- Advising a consortium including FountainVest Partners and Anta Sports on the financing of its take-private acquisition of a Finnish-listed consumer goods company.
- Advising Warbug Pincus on the financing to support its acquisition of a regulated consumer credit business in Israel.
- Advising CVC on the first and second lien financing of its acquisition of TMF Group.
- Adviding Oxea group on the refinancing of its New York law Term Loan B financing.
- Advising Warburg Pincus on the Term Loan B financing of its acquisition of a substantial minority interest in the Avaloq Group.
- Advising Bridgepoint on the financing of its acquisition of the Sapec Agro and the subsequent refinancing of that acquisition debt.
Solicitor, England and Wales.
St Edmund's College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom (MA).
Queen's University at Kingston, Canada (BSc (Hons)).