About Bruce McCulloch
Based in our Washington, DC office, Bruce focuses on antitrust counseling, litigation and representation before the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. His broad experience in civil and criminal matters makes him a reliable source to clients in a wide range of industries, including automotive products, consumer products, defense, manufacturing, shipping, mining, natural gas gathering and processing, and wholesale drug distribution.
Bruce advises clients in DOJ and FTC investigations involving Hart-Scott-Rodino Act reviews of mergers and acquisitions, including the technical aspects of HSR Act compliance and reporting; in DOJ criminal antitrust investigations and other civil antitrust investigations; in antitrust litigation in federal court; and on all aspects of antitrust and consumer protection compliance, including Robinson-Patman Act compliance.
- Advising Continental AG, the German auto and truck parts manufacturing company, on its $1.6bn acquisition of US-based rubber and plastics company Veyance Technologies Inc. from private equity firm Carlyle Group.
- Advising BG Group on the merger control aspects of its approximately $70bn acquisition by Royal Dutch Shell PLC to become a world-leading producer of liquefied natural gas – one of the largest transactions in 2015 and the largest in the energy sector in more than a decade.
- Advising Xstrata on its $64bn merger of equals with Glencore, a matter recognized as Global Competition Review’s “Merger Matter of the Year” in April 2013, and involving merger control filings in over 15 jurisdictions.
- Advising Maersk Group on its proposed $3.7bn acquisition of Hamburg Süd.
- Advising Vita Group in In re Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Litigation in connection with multidistrict litigation consolidated in the Northern District of Ohio against manufacturers of polyurethane foam products for alleged antitrust violations, and in the related DOJ criminal cartel investigation.
- JD, high honors, George Mason University School of Law.
- BA, University of Virginia.
- Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and the State of Virginia.
- Actively participates in the leadership of the American Bar Association’s Antitrust Section.
- Frequent speaker at ABA programs.
- Recently served as the co-editor of the Transportation Antitrust Handbook.
- Has authored books and articles for the trade group’s publications, including the Premerger Notification Practice Manual, Energy Antitrust Handbook and Market Power Handbook.