About Jennifer Mellott
Jennifer is Counsel jointly based in our Brussels and Washington DC offices.
She has extensive experience on a range of US, EU and international antitrust law issues.
Jennifer has particular experience representing clients on the US and EU merger control and review process, antitrust compliance, civil antitrust litigation and international cartel investigations.
She has experience in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, industrial products, software, railway, nutritional products, online advertising and telecommunications.
- Advising Cengage on its proposed merger with McGraw-Hill Education, which would have created the world’s largest higher education publisher.
- Advising KLX Inc. on its $4.2bn acquisition by Boeing Co. (pending).
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its $1.6bn rights issue to fund its $2.7bn acquisition of Russell Investments.
- Advising a mobile telecommunications company in a merger investigation and subsequent lawsuit brought by the US Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division relating to a multibillion dollar transaction.
- Advising Rexam, the leading global beverage can maker, on global merger control aspects of the $6.9bn takeover by US rival Ball Corporation, which brought together the world’s two largest producers of drinks cans.
- Advising Continental, the German auto- and truck-parts manufacturing company, on its $1.6bn acquisition of Ohio-based rubber and plastics company Veyance Technologies from private equity firm Carlyle Group.
- Representing a global investment bank in a collection of regulatory and criminal investigations into allegations of a conspiracy among the world’s largest banks to manipulate the setting of the Libor and other leading benchmark interest rates, in connection with which Jenn spent six months working from Freshfields’ Hong Kong office.
- Georgetown University Law Center, US (JD, magna cum laude)
- Boston University, US (BA in political science, philosophy and economics)
- Admitted to practise in New York and the District of Columbia, US
- Order of the Coif